Wednesday, April 7, 2010

My mantra for today: "Comparisons are designed to make somebody fall short of the other's glory."

Don't get me wrong, I appreciate the sentiment of trying to pump my enthusiasm. To challenge me to do things differently. And believe me, I was affected. I wanted to prove myself and show that I'm willing to change for the better.

But my weak side was affected in a different light. It's as if the inconsistencies in me that I was waiting to show has already made an appearance. A few days back, I asked God to show me a sign of whether or not I'm still where I'm supposed to be, doing what I'm supposed to do. And after THAT conversation, I felt as though the great cosmic void is telling me to get the hell out. That this, what I'm doing 8 hours every day, is clearly not for me. And I'm scared spitless of what is beyond what became my comfort zone (shit, 2 years and I can't move my damn butt, palakpakan).

Now what mask shall I put on? The broad-minded, go-getter me or the human one?

No comments: