Saturday, June 7, 2014

Lessons

Blurry and disoriented. No, I am not drunk, not today. I am merely thinking of a gazillion and one things and doing nothing about it. Money, career, the future, Monday, make up, healthy living, education, family, men, friends. The list is long and can go on all night but I choose to silence them all for a few minutes while I am writing. Before it takes me away again and eat at me little by little. I am back to that square of confusion again. That point where you don't have any idea of what to do next or what to focus on. I just want to be grateful for these lessons I learned lately:

1. Bitterness over refusing to forgive someone is worse than hurt pride.
2. Forgive myself for I never cease to become my own worst critic and enemy. 3. There are millions of people you can meet in this lifetime, it is humanly impossible to please every single one of them. So don't start with one for nothing.
4. "It takes a strong woman to speak her mind." - Pantene commercial
5. Always choose to do what is right.
6. Change, not for anyone else, but for yourself.

And lastly, emptiness is best destroyed by choosing to be filled with passion and a sense of purpose.

No comments: