Sunday, January 8, 2012

DEEPER IN YOU

I've read a lot of things (books, stuff on the net, the Bible) and heard a lot of people say that one way to let off stress is to think about all the things in your life that you are most thankful for. So since I'm in the mood for some melodramatic thoughts tonight, let me lay all that down:

1. Thankful for finding my way back to a relationship with God. To be honest, this is always a work-in-progress for me since I am never the nice girl who never speaks ill of anybody and I always falter in leaving all the control up to Him. Getting into a church that tirelessly remind me to serve God by serving His nation proved to be a big help and hopefully this year, I can be a better Christian and also a better person.

2. For SG friends (Lani, Ray, Kuya Jay and Ate Jules). I've only met every one of them here but they have proven time and again that I am lucky to have a family away from home. I wouldn't say that we have a perfectly harmonious relationship with each other but I appreciate the fact that they, in turn, treat me as family.

3. Family and friends back home. They might not be physically here but the continuous support and understanding I got from them helped me tremendously during the toughest days. They are the people I can run back to during the most dreadful circumstances and be sure that I will be accepted and loved.

4. And lastly, all the bad things that happened to me. They might have crushed me temporarily this past year but I can't help but still be thankful. Grateful because they made me realize that failing at something is not the end of the world. It is a truly humbling experience and I got to know who among the people around me, are the real ones.

To end this drama, quoting Sigmund Freud, "One day, in retrospect, the years of struggle will strike you as the most beautiful". I'm not even in a point where I can say that I am comfortable and thriving but thinking about the people and things I enumerated above made every struggle worth my while.

No comments: