Sunday, January 8, 2012

So 2011...

That title ^ is horrible but I can't think of anything profound or catchy right now and I won't even try. Past few months have been a whirl of tears, of laughter, of sweating and anxieties. Scratch that, the whole of 2011 have been a complete emotional roller coaster ride for me. There are up-there-in-the-heavens time, down in the sewers, a lot of lost-in-translation moments, and floating aimlessly in the streets of Singapore. Yes, I made it a year (and few months now) of working in a foreign land without any family or old friends, of not going back home for vacation (as some are used to do since SG is only 3 hours away from RP). The nerd who was never away from home for long stretches of time, and doesn't know how to cook a decent meal, IS STILL ALIVE.

It was all a blur to me. One minute I was contemplating resignation from the company I've been with in Manila and the next, I'm moving to Singapore, facing the tough recruiter's life I've had with the first company I've been with, and now, enduring yet another challenge. My stomach's been twisted up in knots and have had its share of too much acidity and the occasional butterflies this past year, it's a surprise it is still there (though not that helpful in digestion since I gained a lot of poundsss). But yeah, I made it through 2011 and living a few days of 2012 which I wouldn't be in without the help of a few friends who made sure I wouldn't jump off Marina Bay Sands (what a way to go..), the support and understanding of my family back in Manila and my renewed faith in my Protector, Healer, Redeemer, Deliverer, Saviour and most importantly, my Best Friend.

No comments: